Time is flying and we are now just days away from the opening swim!
We are inviting everyone who has already registered, and anyone who would still like to take part, to join us at St Brelade’s Bay on Saturday at 15.00. We will be there to hand out your fab new swimming hats, generously provided by our sponsor Network Insurance, before the klaxon sounds for everyone to run into the sea.
Now would be a good time for a few thank yous (in no particular order) :
- Mark Morrison and Jersey Aquatic Rescue Club who will be providing our safety cover on the day. Mark has also been coming along to our organisation meetings and his input and expertise has been invaluable.
- Ed Prow from the Potting Shed for his terrific design work
- Oliver Goater from Network Insurance & Financial Planning for sponsoring the event and providing the cover insurance for the opening and closing swims
- Tim Gaudion from Fuse2 for creating our website
- Steve Pallett, Assistant Minister for Tourism, Sport and Culture for supporting the event
- Sally Minty-Gravett MBE (congratulations Sal!) for supporting the event and offering us her swimming wisdom
- Lizzie Stonebridge, who came up with the concept to raise money for Les Bourgs Hospice in Guernsey and generously shared the idea with us
We can’t wait to see you there!